Monday, September 25, 2006

These boots are made for workin'

I love my boots.

Before I started working the Stampede they told me I needed steel-capped boots. 'It's the law ' they told me. So I shopped around and bought a cheap pair from Walmart. It's just for a couple of weeks I thought. They just didn't feel quite right though so I returned them and got another pair. Again, the boots weren't fitting properly. I realised they'd sold me two different sized boots so I returned them and took my business elsewhere.

Finally a shop assistant helped me get the perfect boot for me. 'You have wide feet' she insisted. 'You need these ones.' She could have sold me the super expensive brand but instead she actually gave it some thought and narrowed down the right product in a sea of leather and lace on the shop floor.

These boots are the best thing I have ever bought. They're like a hybrid of a steel-cap work boot and a hiking boot. I've done a lot of work and hiking around Canada the past few months and not once have my boots given me the slightest pinch. They're heaven. I feel like I can take on the world in these walking machines. And they look cool too. When I get back to Alberta I'm going to buy two more pairs and store them somewhere so I can keep wearing these things for many, many years to come.

So I went back to that shop twice to thank the girl who helped me but I couldn't find her.

I love my boots. Put me to work baby. Put me to work.

MG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home