Thursday, October 26, 2006

God I love Canada

Canadians are wonderful people. Two examples:

i) When I was in Halifax a couple of months ago I decided to go to the gym at the local uni. I knocked on the door of the office to enquire how much it would cost for a one-off visit. The gym guy, who was lazily peering out the window, said "hey, don't worry about it. Here take my card. It'll get you in. Just slide it under the door if I'm not here when you finish."

ii) My house mate held a room for me in this group house for two months when I was away. He had no solid guarantee i'd even make it all the way back here. I expressed profound gratitude for his act of kindness because there is an almost zero vacancy rate in this city. He could have easily got rent from somebody else in my absence to ease his burden. He just doesn't seem to care.

Nuff said

MG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home