Friday, May 26, 2006

Another day in LA

Not much to report today. At midday I took the bus into Downtown LA, wandered around and grabbed a slice of pizza. Before that I stumbled across an unreal record store called Ameoba Records. It was a music fan's wet dream and left the old Impact Records in Canberra for shame. I know I should have walked out with an armful of quintessential LA records but I'm a patriotic SOB and took great pleasure in presenting a 2nd hand copy of the Birthday Party 'Mutiny' EP to the cashier. Might go back there tomorrow.

On the bus ride back from Downtown I got off on Melrose drive and walked down the strip. Not my natural habitat at all. I chatted to an English girl on the bus back to the hostel. She designs clothes for a living and divides her time between Sydney and LA. Sounds like a sweet life. A drunk guy stumbled onto the bus and somehow caused offence to this teenager who started swearing his head off and abusing the poor guy. It was ugly, big city stuff.

One more day in LA to go. I've definately had enough of this place. I'm going to buy a ticket to see the Smoking Popes play tomorrow night at at a club around the corner. They've been around for awhile and I've heard great things about them.

MG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home