Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The last post...for now

I'm in the New York Public Library again on the free internet. I think I'll just check out of the hostel and make may way over to New Jersey and explore. I was going to check out where Keroauc did some of his writing in Queens but I've realised my map isn't detailed enough to find his old place so maybe next time. No doubt I'll be revisiting some of his books soon because they're pefect fuel for a young man with a serious case of wanderlust.

So the tentative plan is to stay on the road as much as I can for the next year and 1 1/2 and work when I have to. I feel like I'm only warming up after 1 month. I've never felt healthier and more certain that this is what I should be doing right now. Living by your wits and encoutering new situations each day just seems like the most natural thing in the world. Of course this is all dependant on $$ so I'll be hitting the streets to find work in Vancouver asap. Either way I'll be posting up here what ever I get up to.

So Australia won our first game in the World Cup! Halleluia!! I've been too disorganised to work out when games are playing but I'll make certain to watch the next game when I get on my feet in Canada. The NHL ice-hockey finals are on as well and the Edmonton Oilers are up by one game I think. It brings back memories of when I was in Edmonton in 1986 and Gretsky's Oilers took home the Cup. I remember winning some betting comp at my relatives place. Must have been about how many goals would be scored or something.

End of trip tally (16 May - 13 June '06):

- Countries visited: New Zealand, Britain, USA
- Good friends made: 3
- Hangovers: 2
- Lost items: Guide book to NY, 2 bottles of shampoo, 1 bag of fruit
- Burgersn fries eaten: approx 10
- Books bought: 2
- Photos taken 120

Peace-out

MG

June '06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home